Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Toronto


All eyes maybe on Venice, but don't count out Toronto!

Toronto International Film Festival has become one of most important film festivals and seen an ideal venue to premiere films. It is the considered the premiere film festival in North America. And has been described as "the most important film festival in the world – the largest, the most influential, the most inclusive."*

Rendition has a lot of company at this year's festival. 349 films from 55 countries, including 275 feature and mid-length films, 85 per cent of which are world, international or North American premieres, and 71 of which are feature directorial debuts. Who will be on that guest list with Jake? Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Lou Reed, Jonathan Demme, Peter Bogdanovich, Sidney Lumet, Lord Richard Attenborough, Shirley MacLaine, Michael Caine, and Mira Nair are just some of those attending.

Does Toronto have the touch at picking Oscar contenders and fan favorites? Yes the do. Do any of these ring a bell? Chariots of Fire,The Big Chill, The Princess Bride, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Roger and Me, Strictly Ballroom, Life is Beautiful, American Beauty, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, AMÉLIE, Hotel Rwanda, Brokeback Mountain and Gavin Hood's Tsotsi.

But really what is going to be the toughest competition of Toronto? It has to be who really has the bluest eyes. Christopher Plummer, Ed Harris or Jake? All of whom have movies at TIFF.

A big thank you to Rattler who has agreed to cover TIFF for OMG. We can't wait to hear what you have to say about Rendition and maybe who really does have the bluest eyes.

Toronto International Film Fest
TIFF's page for Rendition

Gotta give some Austin love today too.
Two polls about best summer shows. Go vote and show them that JFC and Austin were the best part of summer.

HBO's Viewer's Choice

E! Online's Best of the Summer


*Liam Lacey, Globe and Mail, September 3, 2005.

26 comments:

Special K said...

Added the TIFF's Rendition page to the post. It has more info about the storyline. The more I read about Rendition the more I want to see it.

Push aside the three ring circus that is going on and really look at Rendition for what it is.

Wicked said...

Spesh, that TIFF page makes the film look really great! Can't wait to see the reviews after its premiere.

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to rattler's impressions! Got a little distracted when reading by the fact that LOU will be there - I love him.

Blue Velvet said...

"Rendition" is the type of movie I would see Jake or no Jake. I'm looking forward to this movie more than I was to "Zodiac".

Special K said...

OT: Too good not to post.

“I have no problem talking about it, […] I’m proud of what I’ve done. I’m proud of who I am, and I’m proud to be gay. No qualms.”

John Barrowman --Out magazine

Wicked said...

This is the type of outing I support!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link Wicked, I am 100% behind that kind of outing too.

I'm glad to see it was relatively quiet while I was gone, although I would have liked a Jausty pix.

I love your icon blue velvet.

Anonymous said...

Agreed, Wicked!

frenchy said...

The TIFF organizers were savvy enough to foresee the end of the Golden Age of European cinema - something Montreal’s own World Film Festival steadfastly refused to acknowledge (thanks to Serge Losique’s extraordinary snobbery) -and to act accordingly. They also understood that one of the keys to success was to attract Hollywood stars and that to do so you have to pamper to their needs and whims. Its success is well deserved and I wholeheartedly agree with the writer who described it as “the most important film festival in the world – the largest, the most influential, the most inclusive.”

"Rendition" is the type of movie I would see Jake or no Jake.

Same for me BV.

In Rogers's mind, if you're against gay rights in your public life and you live a secret homosexual life, all bets are off.

Now let me count wicked, I can't second nor third your opinion so I'll have to fourth it. ;)

Wicked said...

Read Ted's latest update. If you're not convinced TT is Jake, you just don't want to know!

Special K said...

You are so right Wicked!

frenchy said...

All "torturous hints" aside, Ted seems pretty laid back about any possible outing. He doesn't actually give credence to these rumours, yet doesn't refute them either.

Anonymous said...

Having been to past TIFF's I can say it is truly an amazing festival. Rendition is doing very well by being there.

Anonymous said...

He's laid back because JJ has already "outed" Jake by using those 2 TT BI's. Even though Ted has confirmed who TT is a million times w/o naming him, he had to word it for legal reason as he is about to be "outed" by someone else on the internet. He and the E legal team already knows that Jake has been ID'd as TT since the summer of '05 on lot's of sites including Defamer and ONTD.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Anon at 9:50...

Special K said...

You do make a good point 9:50. Is there a name that we can attached to your insight, instead of a time?

Anonymous said...

Hey Special and Wicked, with all the circus about JJ's blog, Jake is coming out or not etc... really love this post about the most exciting thing (for me at least): that Rendition is premiering in Toronto, that Jake is going to be there promoting it. Looking forward to see this movie in October. Thank you for this post.

Anonymous said...

J
I don't care what anyone says your blue eyes are my favorite. They can have Captain Von Trapp and Jackson Pollock, all I want is you. A

Anonymous said...

Thank you, sweetie. But I'm still mad at you.

Anonymous said...

J

I don't want to fight. I know what I did was wrong. Can't you forgive me? I thought you did. A

Anonymous said...

I yes I could have and I am idiot. I think that was the first thing I said to you.

And who was that? You know it was a friend, and the only person I want is you.

Anonymous said...

the Virtuals are back - yay!

frenchy said...

New Jake pics at Just Jared.

I dream of a day when we'll be able to announce "New Austin pics!" on a regular basis! :)

Special K said...

Thanks Frenchy I was writing up a new post about the Dr. as you were writing here.

Great minds think alike.

frenchy said...

The Dr.??? Who's sick? ;)

Special K said...

Well Jake has being the Dr's office consistently the same time every month since Dec/Jan.