Friday, September 12, 2014

Back to Glory

Southpaw is Jake's first sports themed movie, but it's not the first sports movie for  OMG.

Austin's Glory Road wins that title.

While Glory Road pops up on TV on the occasional weekend, it's been a while for OMG to take a look back.




Glory Road is the story of based on a true story surrounding the events leading to the 1966 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship. Don Haskins, head coach of Texas Western College, coached a team with an all-black starting lineup, a first in NCAA history.




Austin played Jerry Armstrong





Armstrong graduated Texas Western and "returned with his wife, Mary, to Missouri where he became assistant coach at Trenton [MO]. He later coached teams at King City, Richmond and Mansfield, winning more than 300 games in a 21-year career. He left coaching to become Mansfield’s principal, retiring after 30 years in education."



4 comments:

the real m said...

That shirtless photo of Austin is breathtaking. Of course he is a lot younger there so great body, but I prefer the maturity in his face that is there now.

Sorry to hear about the loss of one of your favorite dogs PG, though he sounds like a real scoundrel. And I loved the Michael Jackson analogy on Tom's new puppy.

First day I've had time to surf today. We've adjusted to the time change here, but I keep getting confused about the time at home. Having a great time so far.

Florida Tom said...

Lots of toys and lots of chewies MM but Max would be kicked out of class on the first day. It is me and Max plus the flip flop I keep chasing him around with :-)

Florida Tom said...

I agree m. I would take the more mature Austy.

Methodical Muser said...

Lots of toys and lots of chewies MM but Max would be kicked out of class on the first day

I love (((Max))) already, Tom!