Friday, September 25, 2009

Butcher, The Baker, Candlestick Maker

UPDATE: The Special K Casa lost power last night sometime after 7:30pm and with no power, dead batteryy, and no phone (land or cell), it's up, sh..'s creek without a paddle. Fingers crossed power will be restored by the time I get back home from my undisclosed emergency bunker (Lg coffee "regular" (2 creams 2 sugar)) If the power is not up yet by 5:00PM EST, start the JFC discussion here, and I will get the JFC post up as soon as finish scouring the streets for the National Grid guys.

Now onto much better things: Austin Fridays

Girl, Julian needs a job. A J-O-B! (so do I, but that's a whole different story)

The boy gives up a perfectly great movie job to move to Tree Hill. This after Brooke say she can't run her international clothing and publishing (cough)empire from anywhere but Tree Hill. What the Hell do they do in the Clothes over Bros New York office's? Endless games of Bedazzled and coffee? So Julian move to Tree Hill without a job for the women he loves.

I smell future palimony!

It has become a total role reversal. Julian is the trophy boyfriend of the the CEO. Handsome, model looks, red carpet ready, gets naked at the drop of a hat. (I mean what guy says on the beach says he wants to go skinny dipping, get's topless and HE gets chased into the water by the President and CEO in charge?

Is Julian now a the OTH himbo?

The big Julian scenes have been sex, having dinner waiting, and sex.

He doesn't even wear the pants in the relationship, has father issue, comes up with cute ideas that his powerful girlfriend praises him for, has silly unrefined decorating ideas for HER house, and really doesn't spend anytime with anyone but Brooke since getting back.


This coming week the preview is Julian bringing coffee while he's visiting Brooke on the company's photoshoot. And then he gets his picture taken with the big boss. Himbo, himbo, himbo.

The role reversal of stereotypes is refreshing, and its good to see women in power, but it's a waste of a character, and Austin's talent. No wonder he doesn't really have to prepare. For what? Think about making sure he's in character for sex and to be a P.A.?




Give the guy a job. Have him start a indie film production house in Tree Hill. Get into webcentered entertainment of shorts and series. Have him create the Tree Hill Film Festival. SOMETHING!! OTH you can fit the nakedness in, come on Mouth's a sports guy, yet you have him in a naked stand off with Skills over the apartment for two episodes, and that's like what 17 months in the OTH universe. BAH! (btw how much longer are you going to push this stunt)

So play the Tree Hill Unemployment office. What jobs would you send Julian to apply for? (Bonus points from Schwann & Co if they have shirtless doing them)


Check out Austin Nichols Journal for some new pictures from OTH, as well a pictures of Austin filming on set this week.

Please note: I might deny all of this himbo limbo, after I get power and all things have restored back to normal. Or maybe I won't. : )

Reminder: The JFC discussion will begin tonight at 5:00 EST through Saturday. We will be discussion Episode 6: His visit Day 5. See you then.

Also this post will remain open through Saturday for all non JFC discussion.

Pictures: Austin Nichols Journal

26 comments:

Special K said...

That's a great picture of Jake in Pittsburgh. The people there are really excited about Love and Drugs filming there and there tons of tweets about people just saying, they are filming a block behind my school, they're on campus, I am getting a chance for a part. I think Zwick made a great choice, and think Jake will really like filming there. I think it's going to be good for him on and off set.

In the old SNL pictures. Blowing up the Dream girls pic, you can see where they had to cut Jake some bangs in the wig, it follows his over his eyebrow line.

Spooky has even more great pictures, and trying to keep up with her and Vespy is futile. I bow to their work. All hair the ANJ.

Cute said...

Oh (((((Special)))))) you are the best, so funny and creative. Hope you get your power up and running soon. In times of stress, head out to the neareast coffe shop! :*

I'm getting excited about LoOD too. Great song today. I had to LOL because my first BF when we moved in together, he had a picture that he wanted to hang up that I hated. We compromised and he put it up where it wasn't really noticeable. :) I love your reports from the different neighborhoods they are filming in.

lol said...

Different wig :)

Saturday Night Live stills - Rehearsal

destiny said...

I think you mean all hail ANJ. :-D And I second that.

Sending you good thoughts for your power.

I think Julian should make a basketball movie of some sort. That way he'd get to spend some time hanging with Nate and his adorable sports agent.

Cute said...

Have him start a indie film production house in Tree Hill.

I agree, but still come visit with coffee! I have the feeling Julian is just scoping out his new territory right now, but once he's comfortable, watch out! A girl needs a challenge.

Special K said...

Yes I mean hail not hair. But with the stubble watch - well.. you can see the slip.


Oh honey no fro Jakey-o, he is bob boy for sure.

Special K said...

With no power and pitch dark apt. I feel asleep by 8:30 which had me up at quarter to 1 wide awake. So dark, I couldn't see my face in front of me I tried all kinds of diversions to lull my back to sleep. I found out my camera has a slide function that plays music so I ended up watch 300 plus pictures to repetitive stanzas of new age music, and found out that my camera can take pictures in the pitch black that come out. I don't know what they neighbors thought seeing flashes every couple seconds lighting my way as I paced back and forth in the apt. I ended up squirreled up on the couch in the sunporch finally asleep until the sun came up.

Cute said...

LOL - I hate to say this because I love to read, and it's very frustrating - but if I try to read in bed I fall immediately asleep.

Looking back on it, my BF's picture wasn't that bad, I'm glad Brooke and Julian are keeping it. :)

m said...

Destiny you nailed it. Julian and the sports agent. Now those 2 are some slash characters (Austin & Robert too) I could move on to.

Special K said...

Power is back! Woo hoo!

Think Alex is going to be the one who's gonna be making the deals with Julian.

Good Girl is on right now, and watching it again, I still sit amazed by Jake's acting. As young as he's supposed to be as Holden,as he was when he did it, he seems older in some moments in that role than he does now. Just watching him crossing the parklot, he wears all Holden's issues like a suit. And I love Zooey in this movie.

Special K said...

The Jake Gyllenhaal-Anne Hathaway movie "Love and Other Drugs" continued production at a rented home in the East End. Less than a dozen people gathered to watch the film crew but the scenes were all being shot inside, out of view.

Ellie Feibus, 22, who lives in a carriage house nearby, has glimpsed Mr. Gyllenhaal and even got a wave from actor George Segal, who plays his father.

"Yesterday there was a whole group of cougars standing there waiting for Jake," Ms. Feibus said, referring to some of Mr. Gyllenhaal's older female fans. "It was cool but I'm over it."


Pittsburgh Post Gazette

Laughed out loud at the cougar comment. And hey they cast his dad. George Segal

Funny said...

^^I thought that was funny too. ;)

I loved Jake in The Good Girl, he was wonderful. Zooey is a riot in it, and I liked Jen a lot too, she seemed to show conflict very well.

Love George Segal as Jake's dad.

prairiegirl said...

Second the desire for a Nate/Julian interaction!!! I think it would be great.

Gotta go, lol, I'm on my lunch hour but it's all spent up.

Hope you have electricity, Special. Isn't that awful?

cfkef said...

ONTD comment with pics.

Special K said...

The spinner got the pr she wanted and comment of her rep that it wasn't true after the fact, doesn't stop the train that pulled out of the station. She got what she wanted while Jake was away filming, more attention.

About the pictures of him filming. Jake is looking good. He's dropped muscle weight and is looking lean. His hair's great, and the picture with the fan from before, his face is looking fantastic. He looks happier with fans than he ever has with the tiny dancer.

m said...

It always amazes me how good Jake looks out of range of you know who. Cougars, huh. I doubt they will be going to see POP. I looked at the ONTD comments and the engagement rumor did no good. Most of the comments were negative, mentioned bearding, Jake is gay and all the usual stuff. A test balloon, I think.

Special K said...

Jake sweaty hot and in tight pants. Oh I think cougars will check him out. Maybe they will be that second weekend bounce for PoP.

prairiegirl said...

Wow, I can't believe the time. Stopped to lay down on the couch for a minute and poof! It's about 2 hrs later.

You know, you-know-who literally about makes me sick. Look at that stupid ring. It's like a tiny promise ring. Believe me, if & when that girl starts to sport an "engagement" ring from her man, it is not going to be no dainty Cracker Jack ring like that thing she has on. It doesn't even have stones in it.

It's like she purposely went out that day to see what kind of reactions she could get by wearing it, knowing that the pap cameras would zero in on it. Just like you said, Special, Jakey not around but she still has to get the spotlight on somehow.

It's pathetic.

prairiegirl said...

I guess the best consolation is that it's only small fry Access Hollywood and sorts like us (LOL!) who paid it any mind and not the biggies like People.com who continued to give their daily homepage acreage to the likes of Jessica Simpson and the Kardashian girls.

:) said...

It's like she purposely went out that day to see what kind of reactions she could get by wearing it, knowing that the pap cameras would zero in on it.

Duh!

Special K said...

Jake on location in Pittsburgh. This was the girl, Talituna who got her picture taken with him later.

Jake on Set in Squirrel Hill

Looks like he was taking pictures of them with his Iphone.

m said...

Spoooky posted 2 gifs from OTH. In the one of Austin do my eyes deceive me. Is the bulge looking pretty damn good or is it just my imagination. At least Jake has several sites to visit to keep track of his luscious man while they are apart.

Lot of chores to do today, wont be back till late in the day. I'm not participating in the JFC discussion since I did not buy the DVD, but as much as I enjoy seeing Austin on OTH, I would like to see him get another chance to show his acting chops again, not just his body.

Special K said...

Seeing that video of Jake taking a picture with his iphone I wonder if he was sending Austin a picture of the fans. I am sure he knows that Austin has fans waiting for him. : )

Special K said...

I wonder if he was taking a picture of all the cougars that were waiting for him? : D

hollywood dame said...

We all know Jake, and his abs, only has eyes for you…and that Grey Goose

Not Engaged

chicken leg said...

Witherspoon spent $1,200 to get a chicken's leg fixed

chicken yes goose no