Friday, October 26, 2012

Fencesitting Fencewalker


Remember Fencewalker?  The movie Austin made with X-Files creator Chris Carter  way back when that also starred Katie Cassidy, Xzibit and Merchad Brooks.   There hasn't been much news about it, except for the rumors that it would be coming out that would pop every 6 months or so. Well IndieWire caught up with Chris Carter to chat about the X-files but snuck in a few Fencewalker questions.  As it is with anything with Carter, it creates more questions than answers.

Would online distribution be a possibility for “Fencewalker,” your film in progress?
Possibly. I’ve sort of put that away right now, and I’m gonna come back to it.

Do you think you’ll revisit that in the near future?
I’m not sure.

I wasn’t actually sure of the status: if it had finished shooting, etc.
It had been filmed and was in the editorial process, and I decided I wanted to rethink some things about it.

Who know if or when we will see Austin as Tweedy.



7 comments:

the real m said...

PG, what a sad story. I'm sure there was nothing you could have done. There is no way to know what is really on someone's mind. Good that you plan to reach out to her friend. I cant imagine the confusion such an act creates for the survivors.

Well, I am down to only 3 more work days left so I guess I'll have a lot more time to spend here soon. And with no more work email to keep up with, I'll finally be more current reading my personal emails. I do have one job prospect I am pursuing as I'd like to work another year, but if it does not work out, I can handle retirement full time as well.

Florida Tom said...

PG sorry about your neighbor. That is a very sad story. Who knows how much she must have been suffering emotionally.

prairiegirl said...

Just goes to show, doesn't it, you guys? People can look fine on the outside or during brief encounters, but there can be unseen trouble.

m, good luck on your pursuit of a different job. If it doesn't pan out, how terrible to have retirement in the offing. LOLLL!!! Oh my gosh, that would be incredible. Now that is exciting.

And this storm, what are some of you guys doing to prepare for this thing? This is a really bad one they are saying with pretty much definite power outtages. TWC says NYC may even shut down its subway system. Guess that remains to be seen until the storm actually hits.

I bet there's a run on generators. It is the absolute pits to be w/o electricity. Even if everything else is okay, the possibility for loss of power is not a good prospect.

destiny said...

So sorry to hear about your neighbor PG.

Special K said...

Well Sandy the Hurricane is on the way.

The Gov. of Massachusetts has already called for a state of emergency and they are predicting as much as or more damage that last year's Hurricane Irene.

My storm prep? Batteries for the flashlights, Halloween candy, and taking stuff off my porch.

And going to the grocery store? I leave that crazy to everyone else. I used my free grocery delivery coupon and my order is set to come tomorrow. Woo Hoo!

Florida Tom said...

As my wonderful Guv would say "Get the hell off the Beach":-)

destiny said...

After the disastrous performance of the last X Files movie, I suspect Carter doesn't have the money to finish Fencewalker.